Chavang Kut 2017 and Miss KUT 2017 celebrated on 1st November 2017 at 1st MR Parade Ground, Imphal, Manipur organised by The State Level Kut Committee.
Winner of Miss Kut 2017 Esther Nengpilhing Haokip
The Winners of Miss Kut 2017 are:
Miss Kut 2017 : Sl No. 10 Esther Nengpilhing Haokip
First Runner up : Sl No. 6 Danube Kangjam Haobam
Second Runner up : Sl No. 9 Hatneichong
Kut Festival is the premiere festival of the Kuki-Chin-Mizo groups of Manipur. Also known as the "Chavang Kut", it is one of the main festivals of Manipur and is celebrated with great fervor and zest.
Miss KUT 2017 Sub Title Winners:-
Miss Beautyfull Hair: Sl No. 12 Telen Esther Kom ( Upper Kom Keirap Village,CCp)
Miss Beautyfull Skin: Sl No. 16 Irine Neihsial (Law-Sib, Shillong)
Miss Beautyfull Smile:
Miss Beautyfull Eyez: Oinam Merina Chanu (Sagolban Tera Khuraijam Leikai)
Miss Congenlity: 13 Epeiwangle Pame (Tamenglong Ward No. VI)
Best Designer: 2 Neithenkim Singson (Saparmeina Nunnom Veng, KPI)
MISS KUT Top Five Finalist are
5 Tingky Haokip (Songdo Village, CCpur)
6 Danube Kangjam Haobam (Marak Kangjam Leikai)
9 Hatneichong (Mangkot Khopi, CCpur)
10 Esther Nengpilhing Haokip (M.Songgel,CCpur)
16 Irine Neihsial (Law-Sib, Shillong)
MISS KUT FINAL CONTESTANT 2017
1. Kimgunnei Hangshing (Khenjang Village, Kangpokpi)
2. Karong Everjoy Kom (Khoirentak Khuman Village, CCp)
3. Telen Esther Kom ( Upper Kom Keirap Village,CCp)
4. Khunjamayum Selilia Devi (Thangmeiband hijam Dewan Leikai)
5. Juli Ningthoujam (Pangantabi Makhan Leikai)
6. Neithenkim Singson (Saparmeina Nunnom Veng, KPI)
7. Nivedita Kongbrailatpam (Singjamei Chingamkha)
8. Themneichong Singson (Langjing near CRPF camp)
9. Cheena Khundrakpam (Kongba Nongthombam)
10. Esther Nengpilhing Haokip (M.Songgel,CCpur)
11. Oinam Merina Chanu (Sagolban Tera Khuraijam Leikai)
12. Irine Neihsial (Law-Sib, Shillong)
13. Danube Kangjam Haobam (Marak Kangjam Leikai)
14. Themjoujam Thangeo (Dewlahland, Imphal)
15. Epeiwangle Pame (Tamenglong Ward No. VI)
16. Hatneichong (Mangkot Khopi, CCpur)
17. Tingky Haokip (Songdo Village, CCpur)
18. Pretty Laishram (Sega Road, Konjeng Hajari Leikai)
19. Nengneihoi Lynda Khongsai (1st MR, Imphal)
It is celebrated every year on November 1 throughout the state with a main event at 1st Bn. Manipur Rifles.
Kut Festival is an autumn festival and marks the ending if the harvest season. It is also a thanksgiving and prayers are offered for a bountiful harvest season and prosperity of the people.
A display and performance of rich cultural traditions and merrymaking form a vital part of the Kut celebrations. One of the main highlights of the Kut Festival is the Miss Kut, a beauty pageant, organized every year during this festival at the 1st Bn. Manipur Rifles parade ground.
Kut is a festival of merrymaking and people come together to feast, drink, sing, and dance.
It is a celebration of life as such.
Kut festival is of great significance as it highlights the cultural heritage of the Kuki-Chin-Mizo groups and also a platform to harness peace and harmony among the diverse ethnic communities of the state.
Kut Festival has slowly evolved as a way of garnering peace, communal harmony, friendship, and forging new ties.
Miss Kut Live Streaming/Webcast.
Leave your comments
Login to post a comment
Post comment as a guest